October has been pretty awesome and expensiveFor me at least, and I'm rather glad I didn't go to San Diego... For those of you who do not follow the news but actually read my blog, there are raging fires in California burning a lot of homes and making life pretty bad for the people living there. I hope they pump some money to the restoration of the beautiful state. By the time i get my brown butt there they better have that place fixed up. I LOVE CALIFORNIA. And its getting cold here... I might end up wishing for fires here as well pretty soon... Today 3 degrees Celsius... Arghh...
Well this month I have had so many exams. Midterms killing me, assignments being rushed, I still hate AutoCad (got a C for the quiz)... My dream of getting an A in engineering design is all but lost. Must go talk to Prof Rappaport, he is one cool dude, hope he will be lenient with me. Well as much as I want to say it was all work, I had quite a bit of play as well. Watched 3 movies: Stop-loss, We Owned the Night and 30 Days of Night. I also had a few nice meals, maybe too many nice meals, now that I think about it. Checked out the harbor and Quincy Market... A must visit if you are in Boston. I actually went shopping 3 times and bought stuff!!! Whats happening to me??? Must be the weather, damn I must start acting like a good Malaysian again!!!I also bought my tickets to Chicago... Woo Hoo. Aniway I'll just talk about the movies this time around.
Stop-loss was by far the best, it was a premier screening that was offered to college students mostly (I think). They made us fill up like a review form after the movie, obviously being the lazy person that I am my review only comprised of ticks and crosses. The movie was about a bunch of American Soldiers in Iraq who come back home as heroes. Initially they’re all pretty happy to be back, but the psychological effects of the war catch up with them and sort of screws up their lives. It gets worse when one of them finds that he is stop-lossed (Guy serves country for the required period and comes back thinking he is done, but because there aren’t enough soldiers guy gets a letter saying he will be sent back to war). Obviously the bugger goes ballistic and causes himself and other people a lot of problems lar ( lar = Malaysian slang to make things sound better and to stress the obvious in this case) . Well the movie is really good and would probably be played near the elections, in order to stress the detrimental effects of the war. Thank Tamy for inviting me and giving me a free ticket… Appreciate it!!! Lucky me… Got to hang out with 3 pretty ladies…
The 2nd movie I watched was We Own the Night. Despite boasting famous names such as Mark Wahlberg, Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Duvall and Eva Mendez, I thought the best part of the movie was the beginning. Yes, when Eva Mendez exposes her boobs… Seriously, the movie was pretty slow and I did not think it was worth the money. Should have watched Michael Clayton, heard that one was pretty good. Well at least we had fun making some jokes about it. Initially we wanted to go watch another movie, because we can do it for free, illegally of course, but as it was getting late and since Tarun had an injured ankle and we didn’t want to make the poor guy walk home. So yeah 9 bucks for 1 movie… Cibai, (a profanity in Hokkien) back home could have watched 3 movies, theoretically can lar, but you know what I mean… Overall the outing was fun, got to know Sean, Tarun and Tryphena. I have since played quite a bit of Fifa with Sean. Will kick his ass with Arsenal someday but for now I will be continue to be thrashed with ridiculous scorelines by any team of his choice.
Yesterday was really fun… Since everyone was in the Halloween mood, we decided to go for a movie. Yes 30 days of night. Dumb show (I refuse to call it a movie), not worth watching. We were initially supposed to go for a Halloween party. They wanted me to be a bear. Where does this sound familiar? Diu… (Profanity in Cantonese)
Since we did not have a bear costume and only two people had costumes, we decided to go for a movie. So much fun… People here go crazy on Halloween!!! A glimpse of some of the weird costumes can scar one for life. I saw a guy in yellow underwear walking around. He also had a cape and very little chest hair and probably weighed 50 kgs. I almost lost my appetite (key word being almost), there should be a dress code in all public places. Though there were lots of chicks in skimpy costumes to make my day… Anyway great fun… Had Tamy and Christina all scared in the SHOW. More fun than the movie itself, Tom officially accepted being called a lady. He is from California so you do the math. Andrea and Diane were going crazy. They now call me bear. WTF? Fun day out came back at 3am to hear my dad tell me something really crazy. That’s private though. What a day!!! Haihz.. Well I’m off to do homework and my economics paper… Adios…
p/s : Happy Birthday Ose!!!
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
gopi bear! thanks for mentioning me! but "andrea and diane were going crazy", thats all? u can do better than that, especially for the person who came up with your beautiful and original new nickname: bear! haha and for god's sake accept that its actually called a movie! or film! but not a show! lol a big hug bear!
I thought it was kinda hilarious that you keep mentioning a certain word is a profanity from which language/dialect wtf. can't shake of that malaysian in you eh.
Yeah mate... Tis in the blood! I really have to blog about our trip and all... When i have the time...
bro if u had read my blog u would have known that 30 days of night was the worst movie ever.
Post a Comment